Sorry i'm not Interested
There are many occasions when you have used this sentence: "Sorry, I am not interested." This happens very often when sellers in a marketplace try to sell their products, or even at the airport when vendors call you over to glance at their goods. Your direct answer to them is, "Sorry, I am not interested," leaving no room for any debate or discussion.
Have you ever been this direct when it comes to your personal relationships? Of course not. It is easy to refuse vendors at a marketplace or an airport kiosk because there is no emotional attachment and no fear of losing anything, so directly, there are no strings attached.
But when we talk about personal relationships, there is an emotional string with which we are tied; if you pull the string hard in the opposite direction, there is a chance it will snap and ultimately result in the breaking of the relationship.
"I'm sorry, I'm not interested." I said it once and repeated it, so the other person should have understood what I wanted. I don't want to sink into a dead-end relationship that can go no further.
My life, my choice. Is it really that simple? Human life is too complex, and we make it more miserable by getting entangled in a relationship that has completely failed due to many reasons. The blame for a failed relationship doesn't fall on just one person; both are equally responsible. But in some cases, we find one is more responsible than the other—marred by broken trust, time constraints, infidelity, aggressiveness, fake promises, and above all, continuous arguments. When communication becomes a continuous argument, virtue becomes vice.
Quitting is a simpler and healthier path to follow because carrying the burden of a failed relationship should never be a compulsion. Being in a toxic relationship and continuing it is like choosing your poison. Be bold enough to say, "I am sorry, I'm not interested." This is the most apt use of this sentence.
P.S. We live once and we die once, so let no one bring pain and suffering into your life.
Comments
Post a Comment